The Secretariat is responsible for supporting the activities of the three boards and is financed jointly through a European Commission’s Coordination and Support Action (until February 2020) and in-kind contribution from the Secretariat member organisations.
The Secretariat is coordinated by INRAEand has three other partners from across Europe. The Secretariat serves as the central hub for all of FACCE-JPI’s activities.
Its responsibilities include proposing strategy and action plans to the Governing Board (GB) and overseeing their implementation, management and communication. The Secretariat also undertakes lobbying activities, and develops links with other EU-research initiatives (e.g. ERA-NETs) and stakeholders from outside the EU (e.g. CGIAR).
The current Secretariat consists of a consortium of four research and innovation institutions:
- National Institute of Agricultural Research & Environment (INRAE), France
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC-UKRI), United Kingdom
- Research Centre Juelich GMBH (JUELICH), Germany
- Foundation Wageningen Research (WR), The Netherlands
Roles of the Secretariat
The Secretariat provides support to the entire FACCE-JPI. Its responsibilities include:
- Proposing strategy and action plans to the Governing Board and overseeing their implementation
- Overseeing and executingall management aspects of the FACCE-JPI and serving as the central hub for all activities
- Ensuring coherence in the long-term operational aspects of the FACCE-JPI
- Serving as the central point of communication with the different bodies of the FACCE-JPI
Activities of the Secretariat
b. Prepare and manage the FACCE-JPI operational budget composed of entry fees and external income, and provide the Governing Board with an annual report and forecast of the operational budget and the budget allocated to joint actions of the FACCE-JPI.
c. Prepare the annual work plan, including staff, budget and other resources.
b. Communicate and disseminate information concerning the FACCE-JPI at institutional (and national levels) as well as at conferences and workshops and other relevant events.
c. Undertake appropriate lobbying activities.
a. Initiate and develop links with stakeholders.
b. Strengthen interactions with existing and future ERA-NETs to maximize synergy in the implementation of the Research agendas. FACCE-JPI will host regular meetings to explore possibilities for joint actions and joint calls that will support the implementation of the FACCE-JPI Strategic Research Agenda.
c. Oversee coordination with other European and international organisations and initiatives, e.g. other JPIs, Research Infrastructures, GRA, CGIAR and JRC, and report on their progress at Governing Board meetings.
a. Take forward development of the Strategic Research Agenda.
b. Oversee implementation and coordination of all FACCE-JPI activities.
c. Proposing procedures, bodies and their terms of reference for the implementation of each joint action.