- FACCE-JPI, in partnership with JPI Urban Europe, organised an exploratory workshop for researchers, policymakers and stakeholders with interests and expertise in urban agriculture and adaptation to climate change. The workshop was held 21 January in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
- A meeting was held with DG Agri in January 2020 (Berlin, Germany) to discuss Horizon Europe and the future partnerships and the possible role of FACCE-JPI.
- FACCE-JPI initiates together with LEAP-AGRI the ERA-NET Cofund on Food Systems and Climate (FOSC). This ERA-NET aims to contribute to the creation of a strong and effective transnational research and innovation network between Europe, Africa, and Latin America, as well as to the coordination and synergy between national, international and EU research programmes that are relevant to food security under climate change. The network was launched October 2019 and opened its first joint call in December.
- FACCE-JPI and ERA-NET Cofund SusAn Joint Exploratory Workshop on Phenotyping/Genotyping and Novel Breeding Techniques for adaptation and mitigation to Climate Change in the livestock sector
Brussels, 21 November 2019
- In November 2019, a meeting was held between the JPIs FACCE, HDHL and Oceans together DG RTD and relevant EC representatives to follow up on work initiated during EXPO 2015 on Food and Nutrition Security and what the JPIs can contribute.
- FACCE-JPI participates in a training meeting of the CSA Fit4FOOD2030 on 15 and 16 October 2019 (Brussels, Belgium).
- On 26 September 2019 (M55), FACCE-JPI and Water JPI had a joint workshop (Paris, France) where experts met and gave input for actions between the two JPIs.
- FACCE-JPI co-organises a valorisation workshop together with FACCE SURPLUS and with attendance from ERA-NET Cofund FACCE SusCrop, 12 September 2019
- FACCE-JPI co-organises a valorisation workshop with FACCE ERA-GAS on 12 June 2019.
- FACCE-JPI has ensured a constant dialogue with the European Commission concerning the role of FACCE-JPI in the future, including in Horizon Europe. Meetings have been held with the Commission (DG Agri and/or RTD) in January, March, April, and June 2019.
- FACCE-JPI and ERA-NET Cofund SusCrop Joint Exploratory Workshop on Application of Novel Breeding Techniques in Crops in the context of Food Security and Climate Change INIA, Madrid 27-28 June 2019
- FACCE-JPI exchanges with the CSA CIRCASA
- FACCE-JPI is involved in the preparation for the formation of the EJP Soil
- The FACCE-JPI Secretariat , Belmont Forum Secretariat and the Sao Paulo Research Foundation co-organise the End-Term Meeting of the Food Security and Land Use Change Collaborative Research Action (CRA) on 8-10 December 2018, in Washington D.C
- The FACCE-JPI ERA-GAS ERA-NET launches a Joint Call on “Novel technologies, solutions and systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in animal production systems” together with the SusAN and ICT Agri ERA-NETs, in which Canada, Chile, New Zealand and Uruguay, also participate (November 2018)
- FACCE-JPI co-organises the International Conference on Agricultural GHG Emissions and Food Security on 10-13 September 2018 in Berlin, Germany
- Members of FACCE-JPI and the BiodivERsA ERA-NET agree to engage in long-term, strategic collaboration (May 2018)
- The three JPIs FACCE-JPI, JPI HDHL and JPI Oceans launch the Knowledge Hub on Food and Nutrition Security (KNSKH)
- FACCE-JPI and JPI Climate discuss new opportunities for collaboration (26-27 March 2018)
- The European Commission Joint Research Centre (JRC) joins the FACCE-JPI Scientific Advisory Board as an Associate Member (March 2018)
- Climate KIC joined the FACCE-JPI Stakeholder Advisory Board in January 2018
- FACCE-JPI discusses cooperation with the US Dept. of Agriculture’s National Institute for Food and Agriculture and the National Science Foundation (January 2018)
- FACCE-JPI discusses possible new programmatic collaboration with the Belmont Forum during the Belmont Forum/ ANR Food Security and Safety Collaborative Research Action Scoping Workshop (10 November 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the PRIMA Networking Event to discuss possible synergies between the two initiatives (8 November 2017)
- FACCE-JPI explores possible themes and modalities for cooperation with the EC’s Joint Research Centre (10 October 2017)
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada joins the FACCE-JPI SusCrop ERA-Net as an Associate Party (October 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates as a Partner in the annual GRA Council Meeting (29-30 August 2017)
- The FACCE-JPI Governing Board holds a special session on EU and International Cooperation with representatives from the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural GHG (GRA), the Network for Research Collaboration on Sustainable Temperate Agriculture (TempAg), the Belmont Forum, the PRIMA Initiative and JPI Climate to discuss avenues for cooperation in the context of the forthcoming FACCE-JPI Implementation Plan 2018-2020 (2 June 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the GRA Livestock Research Group meeting in Washington D.C. (10-12 April 2017)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the TempAg Network Governing Board meeting (1 Feb. 2017) to discuss potential cooperation with its members
- FACCE-JPI participated in the Workshop “JPIs on the Global Stage: Opportunities for International Cooperation” organised by the BILAT USA and INCOBRA EU-funded projects. 21 November 2016,
- FACCE-JPI joins the International Bioeconomy Forum (October 2016)
- FACCE-JPI joins the External Advisory Board of the 4PRIMA Coordination and Support Action (May 2016)
- FACCE-JPI, JPI HDHL and JPI Oceans discuss possible new joint research activities on Food and Nutrition Security (11 April 2016)
- FACCE-JPI participates in the Stakeholder Forum regarding the Implementation of the EU‐Africa Research and Innovation Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (5-6 April 2016)
- FACCE-JPI discusses international soil research with key European and international partners (13 January 2016)
- FACCE-JPI and Water JPI launch a joint call for collaborative transnational research proposals on sustainable water management in agriculture (“WaterWorks 2015”) in cooperation with 10 (non-EU) third countries (2 February 2016)
- FACCE-JPI MACSUR Knowledge Hub signs an MoU with the Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) (12 February 2014)
- FACCE-JPI organizes a Workshop with International Partners (4-5 June 2013, Bonn)
- FACCE-JPI and the Belmont Forum launch a Collaborative Research Action/ Joint Call on Food Security and Land Use Change (17 July 2013)
- FACCE-JPI launches a Multi-partner Call on Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Research with Canada, New Zealand and the USA (January 2013)
- FACCE-JPI organizes a Workshop with other International Initiatives working on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (13 July 2012, Dublin)